Do I need to consult my General Practioner?
You do not generally need to see your General Practitioner when you have a wart. But if you are in doubt as to whether that spot is a wart or not, please consult your General Practitioner.
You can try to prevent yourself and others from infections with a few simple measures:
- No nail-biting
- Do not scratch or pick the wart
- Do not shares towels (this also applies to kitchen towels)
- Wear well-ventilating socks and shoes
- Wear sandals in the gym, at the swimming pool and in public showers
- Wash your hands and feet often, preferably with soap; dry well after washing, especially between the fingers and toes